- Jon Lewis on A Busy/Accidental DBA’s Guide to Managing VLFs
- Arnold Lieberman on A Busy/Accidental DBA’s Guide to Managing VLFs
- Update Statistics fails with Error Number:–1073548784 “Could not allocate space for object ‘dbo.SORT” – ReplTalk on Stored Procedure to Sequentially Run SQL Agent Jobs
- steve kirchner on Whats a Good Rule for Max Degree of Parallelism?
- Bipin on Stored Procedure to Sequentially Run SQL Agent Jobs
Tag Archives: Disaster Recovery
Why Do I Need All These Servers?
Working in a large corporate environment I am frequently getting requests for a new server to do this or that. Running through the usual questions to determine scope and scale, the price can get high pretty quickly. Inevitably, talk turns to ideas on how to cut the cost while still delivering a robust platform. Continue reading
Posted in General Tagged Development, Disaster Recovery, DR, HA, High Availability, Production, QA, Release Management, SSC, Staging, Testing 2 Comments