- Jon Lewis on A Busy/Accidental DBA’s Guide to Managing VLFs
- Arnold Lieberman on A Busy/Accidental DBA’s Guide to Managing VLFs
- Update Statistics fails with Error Number:–1073548784 “Could not allocate space for object ‘dbo.SORT” – ReplTalk on Stored Procedure to Sequentially Run SQL Agent Jobs
- steve kirchner on Whats a Good Rule for Max Degree of Parallelism?
- Bipin on Stored Procedure to Sequentially Run SQL Agent Jobs
Category Archives: PowerShell
How Can I Quickly Script Out Replication?
This script takes a distribution server name and an output directory as parameters then works through all publications on each of the servers that connects to the distribution server, scripting them out. Continue reading
Posted in PowerShell, Utilities Tagged SSC, SSP 9 Comments
Where Do I Start with PowerShell?
This morning I set out to get some information about getting started in PowerShell for a coworker. Rather than spend a bunch of time searching for different sites I threw the question out to the SQL Community on Twitter via #SqlHelp. The response was so overwhelming that I decided I at owed it to the SQL Community to get it all written down. Continue reading
Posted in PowerShell Tagged SSC 10 Comments
Script Individual User Rights in a Database with PowerShell
Introduction Tonight on Twitter the call went out on #SqlHelp looking for a way to script just database permissions for a specific user. I wrote a script once that I was pretty sure did that so I jumped in to … Continue reading
Posted in PowerShell Tagged SSC 2 Comments