- Jon Lewis on A Busy/Accidental DBA’s Guide to Managing VLFs
- Arnold Lieberman on A Busy/Accidental DBA’s Guide to Managing VLFs
- Update Statistics fails with Error Number:–1073548784 “Could not allocate space for object ‘dbo.SORT” – ReplTalk on Stored Procedure to Sequentially Run SQL Agent Jobs
- steve kirchner on Whats a Good Rule for Max Degree of Parallelism?
- Bipin on Stored Procedure to Sequentially Run SQL Agent Jobs
Tag Archives: DATA_PURITY
What Do I Need to Do After Moving a Database to SQL 2005/2008?
I recently moved a database from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. It was really just a matter of detaching the database, copying the files, attaching it on the new server, flip the compatibility mode and run a few queries. Thats it? Could it have been so easy? It turns out the answer is no. There are some steps that need to be taken after moving a database to SQL 2005 or 2008 from SQL 2000. Continue reading
Posted in Utilities Tagged DATA_PURITY, DBCC, DBCC CHECKDB, DBCC UPDATEUSAGE, sp_updatestat, SSC Leave a comment